Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Returning Home

Two days after returning from Malawi I wake in the middle of the night, my brain flooded with images--sharing food and stories with my new Malawian sisters,at Mua Mission, the dancers of Mua and Tukumba Village, gorgeous colorful fabrics, the baobab trees and rolling hills, waves crashing on the shore of Lake Malawi, many many beautiful smiling children, welcoming handshakes and faces and so much more. I am here in my home in San Francisco, immensely grateful for safe apassage and for all I have experienced and witnessed over the past 2 1/2 weeks, but Africa is running through my veins and singing in my soul! I am overwhelmed with how to pass on all the stories I have captured in my heart's memory, and how to integrate my new eyes and consciusness into my present everyday life. So I read my journal entries, this blog, and look at photos, and then take a step at a time forward into work and family, trying to keep this connection with the women of Malawi and the women from this country going strong! I am dreaming and planning and I have been inspird by you ALL.
Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment